Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter 2015

The Mims pray you all had a blessed and joyous Easter! For me personally, my Easter has felt substantially different and more meaningful/significant. Although we don't typically observe the season of Lent, this year I walked through the devotional Jesus Keep Me Near the Cross with SheReadsTruth. There were plenty of days that were hard to swallow, but my heart was really softened by this study and made Resurrection Sunday a great day of rejoicing!

Christ paid the ultimate sacrifice and then defeated sin and death for eternity!

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!!!


I was really excited to celebrate Easter this year with Isaac, because he finally feels old enough to "get it." Last year he was just a year and a half, so all the little Easter traditions were a wash. He really got into things this year though and we had a lot of fun. One of my favorite moments from our Easter week was introducing Isaac to cascarones!!! He was hilarious smashing eggs on his own head!

Here are some pictures from his Easter egg hunt with his class. Despite having an Easter basket for him, we walked out of the house that morning with no basket. Mom brain fail. Luckily, we were able to borrow an extra bucket to catch all the awesome eggs he found.

Oh, the anticipation!!!!
Checking out the treats inside the eggs




Making his way around the playground with Dad and Ian
My handsome boy.
Happy Easter!!!!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Isaac is getting so big. I can just see him growing in these pictures.

01 09 10